Direct. Develop. Educate.
Music Education Advanced: Certificate
Pursue your passion. Elevate others. All through the world of music.
Advance Your Impact Through Music Education
Whether you currently function as the music educator in your school, provide leadership for other professionals in these roles, or serve in a music ministry role in your local church, prepare for greater effectiveness with your students, performers, and peers.
Through the Music Education: Advanced certificate at NGU, you customize your studies to fit your real-world needs. Instrument techniques and repair. Current issues in music education. Preparation for marching bands, ensembles, and high school musicals. Composition, conducting, assessment, and more. God has called you to serve others through the gift of music. Elevate your calling, at NGU.
Music Beside Experienced & Faithful Musicians
Customize Your Study of Music Education
Choose four of the following:
- Woodwind Repair
- Percussion Repair
- High Brass Techniques for Graduate Students
- Current Issues in Music Education
- Preparing Ensembles for Adjudication at Contests and Festivals
- Low String Technique
- String Pedagogy for Graduate Students
- Beyond the Traditional String Classroom
- Music History: Musical Borrowing
- The Integration of Global Music
- Marching Band Techniques
- Teaching the Developing Singer
- Directing the High School Musical
- Contemporary and Experiential Music of the 20th/21st Centuries
- Graduate Woodwind Techniques
- Score Analysis
- Graduate Conducting
- Analytic Techniques
- Psychology of Music Education
Stories that Started Here
Marlin Terell Ketter ’16
I was named the 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year for Hartsville Middle School.
Caleb Ruppe ’15
I credit NGU for preparing me for every life and career adventure that I have had the opportunity to face.