Explore your God-given calling while elevating your ministry.
Meaningful Ministry Begins Here
Deepen your understanding of Christian doctrine. Learn to apply profound theology to practical ministry. Master the art of connecting biblical truth to the lives of real people, every day.
Prepare for a lifetime of impact as a church planter, pastor, missionary, and more. Practice what your preach. Glorify God. And love others. That’s Christian ministry, at North Greenville University.
A Biblical Approach to Christian Ministry
- e-Learning (3 hrs.)
- Academic Success (3 hrs.)
- Biblical Foundations (3 hrs.)
- Jesus in Matthew’s Gospel (3 hrs.)
- Oral Communication (3 hrs.)
- Composition and Rhetoric (3 hrs.)
- Composition and Literature (3 hrs.)
- History Course (3 hrs.)
- Contemporary Mathematics (3 hrs.)
- Natural Science Course (3 hrs.)
- Psychology or Sociology Course (3 hrs.)
- Old and New Testament Survey (6 hrs.)
- Apologetics and Evangelism (3 hrs.)
- World Missions (3 hrs.)
- Hermeneutics (3 hrs.)
- Intro to Philosophy (3 hrs.)
- Church History I and II (6 hrs.)
- Biblical Spirituality (3 hrs.)
- Systematic Theology I, II & III (9 hrs.)
- Portfolio Development (3 hrs.)
- Ministry Practicum I & II (6 hrs.)
- Senior Thesis (3 hrs.)
- Christian Studies Electives (21 hrs.)
- Elective or Minor Courses (18 hrs.)
Experience Learning as You Serve and Grow
Local Church Focus
Pursue your purpose without leaving your calling. Serve your church even as you explore your studies. Local church involvement isn’t just assumed, it’s built into your degree. Knowledge. Application. And ministry. All in one.
Hands-on Ministry Experience
Overseas missions. Nonprofit organizations. Even your local church. Complete two intensive ministry-based courses and engage broken communities with the gospel of Christ. It’s how you discover and elevate your God-given calling, at NGU.
Theology isn’t theory. It’s the foundation of real-world, practical ministry. That’s why your degree is designed to connect in-class learning with in-person ministry. Develop Sunday School classes or create premarital counseling plans. All to fine-tune your ministry experience.