One for All. All for One.
North Greenville University is proud to partner with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in assisting our military veterans and service members in obtaining their education. The following chapters are eligible for certification at NGU:
- Chapter 33- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty)
- Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Chapter 1606 – Selected Reserves
- Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
- Tuition Assistance Benefits
Benefits for Military Veterans
Steps to Receive Benefits
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to receive benefits, you should contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551 or visit their website at www.va.gov.
Apply for benefits through the VA either by completing an application obtained from the VA or by applying online.
Contact North Greenville University’s VA Certifying Official, email Academic Records or call 864.663.0007, for instructions about obtaining certification from the university. The certifying official is located in the Office of Academic Records. NGU requires students to sign a document each semester giving permission to file for benefits.
Students receiving VA benefits should promptly contact NGU’s certifying official during any term of enrollment for the following reasons:
- A break in enrollment
- Change in major
- Enrollment changes (add, drop, or withdraw from a course)
- Change of address or any other permanent information changes
- This information must be reported to the VA by the university, and failure to do so may result in a disruption of a student’s benefits.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008. This is a program that allows students who are at 100% Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®) benefits and not on active duty to gain additional funding for their tuition and fees.
The Yellow Ribbon program at NGU is provided on a first-come, first-served basis for a limited number of eligible students. A waiting list is created and monitored each semester. If you are on the waiting list, you will be notified if a spot opens and if you are able to receive Yellow Ribbon benefits.
To be considered for this program, you must be a confirmed student at NGU (this means you have been accepted for admission and you have then confirmed that acceptance). And we must receive:
- a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and
- a copy of your DD-214 member-4 (if you are a Veteran).
Contact NGU’s VA Certifying Official for more information.
- Military Benefits Coordinator