Apply for Financial Aid
Each year North Greenville University awards over thirty million dollars in financial aid, with 90% of our students receiving some assistance.
Applying for financial aid at North Greenville University is easy. To begin, you must apply for admission and be offered acceptance to the university. The next step is to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), including North Greenville University, Federal School Code: 003441.
Premier Competitive Scholarships
Your opportunity for a full ride and substantial scholarships starts here. Participate in our NGU Scholars Weekend. Expand your excellence. Minimize your debt.
- The Lifeshape Scholarship | 100% full-ride*
- NGU Fellows Scholarship | Tuition, room, & meals*
- Trustee Scholarship | $17,000*
*see specific scholarship page for full details
Academic Scholarships: Criteria & Awards
*Comprised of Federal, State, and Institutional Aid. The Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and SC Tuition Grant will be applied to the cost of tuition. The NGU Fellows Scholarship will be awarded for tuition and room and board’s remaining cost if applicable.
NGU Transfer Scholarships: Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
A student must have 24 hours (not necessarily transferable hours) to receive the amounts listed. If they do not have the required hours, we will request their high school transcript, and each awards package will be given on a case by case basis – with consideration to both high school and college transcripts.
|GPA||Amount Resident||Amount Commuter|
|Level 1 (3.8 – 4.0)||$10,000||$7,000|
|Level 2 (3.5 – 3.79)||$9,000||$6,000|
|Level 3 (3.2 – 3.49)||$7,000||$5,000|
|Level 4 (2.75 – 3.19)||$6,000||$4,000|
General Awarding of Financial Aid Programs at NGU
- Institutional aid plus all outside grants and scholarships (except for student loans) may not exceed actual school charges for tuition, room, board, fees and books.
- The costs for university trips are the responsibility of the student.
- Rent for university apartments, car registration fees, fines and supplies are not included.
- The Financial Planning Office shall adjust a student’s financial aid as needed to implement this policy.
- Students who receive sufficient grants and scholarships that cover the cost of education will not receive a refund unless all of the grants and scholarships are non-institutional funds and approved by the granting agencies.
- For clarification, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- A student must file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive any federal aid.
- Federal workstudy will be paid once a month. All other federal aid shall be disbursed once a semester.
- Students with a credit balance may use the credit to purchase books immediately.
Approximately one third of all FAFSAs are selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education. This means the University must “verify” the FAFSA was completed correctly. We will notify you by email (email address submitted to FAFSA) if you are selected.
- Application for Summer Disbursement (Life/Palmetto Fellows)
- Affidavit for Citizenship Documentation
- Early Graduation Application for Life, Hope Scholarships
- Consortium Agreement
- Lawful Presence Confirmation
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
- South Carolina Residency Evaluation Form
- South Carolina Terms and Conditions
- Summer School Application
Various aid programs require confirmation of your identity, residency, citizenship, etc.
- Identity Statement, Notary(pdf)
- Identity Statement, Institution(pdf)
- South Carolina Residency Evaluation Form(pdf)
- South Carolina State Affidavit(pdf)
- Affidavit for Citizenship Documentation(pdf)
- Lawful Presence Confirmation(pdf)
A complete listing of all institutional scholarships is available in the catalog.