Cost of Discipleship—Priceless
You desire growth. We educate you for your mind and your soul. Your call into church or society needs deep roots. Go deep here.
Follow me. Guides that get you. Follow after us as we follow Jesus. As we fix our gaze on Him, everything grows strangely dim.
Resources for Sharpening
- Agnew, Travis. Distinctive Discipleship. Tag Publishing, 2019.
- Boa, Kenneth. Conformed to His Image Rev. ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2020
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. The Cost of Discipleship. Rev. ed. Translated by R. H. Fuller. New York: Touchstone, 1959. (Originally published in 1937).
- _____. Life Together. Translated by John W. Doberstein. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1954.
- Bridges, Jerry. Growing Your Faith. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2004.
- _____. The Blessing of Humility. Colorado Springs, NavPress, 2017.
- _____. Respectable Sins. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2007.
- _____. The Pursuit of Holiness. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1978, 1996, 2006.
- _____. The Fruitful Life. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2006.
- _____. The Practice of Godliness. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1983, 1996, 2008.
- Coleman, Robert E. The Master Plan of Evangelism. Grand Rapids: Revel, 1963, 1964, 1993.
- Hull, Bill. The Complete Book of Discipleship. Colorado Springs: Nav Press, 2006.
- Ogden, Greg. Transforming Discipleship: Making Disciples a Few at a Time. Rev. Ed., Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity, 2016.
- Piper, John. Desiring God. Rev. Ed. Colorado Springs, Multnomah, 2011.
- _____. Don’t Waste Your Life. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2003.
- _____. Let the Nations Be Glad. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1993, 2003, 2010.
- Russell D. Moore, Tempted and Tried. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2011.
- Spurgeon, Charles Haddon. The Soul Winner. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans, 1963.
- Tozer, A. W. The Pursuit of God. Harrisburg, PA: Christian Publications, 2017. (The first edition published in 1948).
- Wilkins, Michael J. Following the Master: A Biblical Theology of Discipleship. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1992.
- Blackaby, Henry and Norman Blackaby. Experiencing Prayer with Jesus: The Power of His Presence and Example. Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2006.
- Carson, D. A. Praying with Paul: A Call to Spiritual Reformation. 2nd Edition. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2014.
- Elliff, Bill. The Presence Centered Church. Little Rock, AR: Truthlink, 2015.
- Eliff, Tom. A Passion for Prayer. Fort Washington, PA: CLC, 1998, 2001, 2010.
- Foster, Richard J. Prayer: Finding the Hearts True Home. San Francisco: Harper Collins, 1992.
- Hemphill, Ken. The Prayer of Jesus: The Promise and Power of Living in the Lord’s Prayer. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2001.
- Hunt, T. W. The Doctrine of Prayer. Nashville: LifeWay, 1986.
- Keller, Timothy. Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God. New York: Penguin Group, 2014.
- Lawless, Chuck. The Potential and Power Of Prayer. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale, 2022
- Millar, J. Gary. Calling on the Name of the Lord: A Biblical Theology of Prayer. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Miller, Paul E. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2017.
- Mohler, R. Albert, Jr. The Prayer that Turns the World Upside Down: The Lord’s Prayer as a Manifesto for Revolution. Nashville: Nelson, 2018.
- Onwuchekwa, John. Prayer: How Praying Together Shapes the Church. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2018.
- Foster, Richard J. Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth. Revised and Expanded. San Francisco, Harper Collins, 1988.
- Mathis, David. Habits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Disciplines. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2016.
- Whitney, Donald S. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life. Updated and Revised. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2014.
- Willard, Dallas. The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives. New York: Harper Collins, 1988.
- Warren, Tish Harrison. Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Anderson, Keith. A Spirituality of Listening. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Duvall, J. Scott, and J. Daniel Hayes, et.al. Grasping God’s Word, 4th ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2020.
- Finn, Nathan A. and Keith S. Whitfield, eds. Spirituality for the Sent. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2017.
- Chan, Francis. Multiply. Colorado Springs: David C. Cook, 2012.
- Fee, Gordon D. and Douglas Stuart. How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1981, 1993, 2003, 2014.
- McGrath, Alister. Christian Spirituality. Malden, MA: Blackwell, 1999.
- Morgan, Christopher W., ed. Biblical Spirituality. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2001.
- Rogers, Matt and Donny Mathis. Seven Arrows. Spring Hill, TN: Rainer Group, 2017.
- Arnold, Clinton E. 3 Crucial Questions about Spiritual Warfare. Three Crucial Questions Series. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1997.
- Powers of Darkness: Principalities and Powers in Paul’s Letters. Downers Grove: IVP, 1992.
- Beilby, James K. and Paul R. Eddy, eds. Understanding Spiritual Warfare: Four Views. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2012.
- Cole, Graham A. Against the Darkness: The Doctrine of Angels, Satan, and Demons. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2019.
- Cook, William F. and Chuck Lawless. Spiritual Warfare in the Storyline of Scripture. Nashville: B & H Academic, 2019.
- Heiser, Michael S. Supernatural. Bellingham, WA: Lexham, 2015.
- _____. The Unseen Realm. Bellingham, WA: Lexham, 2015.
- Lawless, Chuck. Discipled Warriors: Growing Healthy Churches That Are Equipped for Spiritual Warfare. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2002.
- Putting on the Armor: Equipped and Deployed for Spiritual Warfare. Nashville: Lifeway Church Resources, 2007.
- Lightner, Robert. Angels, Satan, and Demons. Swindoll Leadership Series. Nashville: Nelson, 1998.
- Schemm, Peter R., Jr. “The Agents of God: Angels.” In A Theology for the Church, rev. ed. Edited by Daniel L. Akin. Nashville: B&H, 2014.
- Sproul, R.C. Unseen Realities: Heaven, Hell, Angels, and Demons. Ross-shire, Scotland: Christian Focus, 2012.
It’s Not All Big
People connect with God in many ways. Groups sized to create life impact are ready for you here.