Cost of Discipleship—Priceless
You desire growth. We educate you for your mind and your soul. Your call into church or society needs deep roots. Go deep here.
Follow me. Guides that get you. Follow after us as we follow Jesus. As we fix our gaze on Him, everything grows strangely dim.
Resources for Sharpening
- Agnew, Travis. Distinctive Discipleship. Tag Publishing, 2019.
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. The Cost of Discipleship. Rev. ed. Translated by R. H. Fuller. New York: Touchstone, 1959. (Originally published in 1937).
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon. The Soul Winner. Grand Rapids, MI: Willam B. Eerdmans, 1963.
- Life Together. Translated by John W. Doberstein. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1954.
- Bridges, Jerry. Growing Your Faith. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2004.
- Respectable Sins. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2007.
- Russell D. Moore, Tempted and Tried. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2011.
- Piper, John. Desiring God. Rev. Ed. Colorado Springs, Multnomah, 2011.
- Don’t Waste Your Life. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2003.
- Let the Nations Be Glad. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 1993, 2003, 2010.
- Bridges, Jerry. The Blessing of Humility. Colorado Springs, NavPress, 2017.
- The Fruitful Life. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2006.
- The Practice of Godliness. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1983, 1996, 2008.
- The Pursuit of Holiness. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 1978, 1996, 2006.
- A. W. Tozer. The Pursuit of God. Harrisburg, PA: Christian Publications, 2017. (The first edition published in 1948).
- Blackaby, Henry and Norman Blackaby. Experiencing Prayer with Jesus: The Power of His Presence and Example. Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2006.
- Carson, D. A. Praying with Paul: A Call to Spiritual Reformation. 2nd Edition. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2014.
- Elliff, Bill. The Presence Centered Church. Little Rock, AR: Truthlink, 2015.
- Eliff, Tom. A Passion for Prayer. Fort Washington, PA: CLC, 1998, 2001, 2010.
- Foster, Richard J. Prayer: Finding the Hearts True Home. San Francisco: Harper Collins, 1992.
- Hemphill, Ken. The Prayer of Jesus: The Promise and Power of Living in the Lord’s Prayer. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2001.
- Hunt, T. W. The Doctrine of Prayer. Nashville: LifeWay, 1986.
- Keller, Timothy. Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God. New York: Penguin Group, 2014.
- Millar, J. Gary. Calling on the Name of the Lord: A Biblical Theology of Prayer. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Miller, Paul E. A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2017.
- Mohler, R. Albert, Jr. The Prayer that Turns the World Upside Down: The Lord’s Prayer as a Manifesto for Revolution. Nashville: Nelson, 2018.
- Onwuchekwa, John.Prayer: How Praying Together Shapes the Church. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2018.
- Pratt, Richard L., Jr. Pray with Your Eyes Open. Phillipsburg, NJ: Reformed, 1987.
- Reeves, Michael. Enjoy Your Prayer Life. Leyland, England: 10Publishing, 2014.
- Foster, Richard J. Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth. Revised and Expanded. San Francisco, Harper Collins, 1988.
- Whitney, Donald S. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life. Updated and Revised. Colorado Springs: NavPress, 2014.
- Willard, Dallas. The Spirit of the Disciplines: Understanding How God Changes Lives. New York: Harper Collins, 1988.
- Warren, Tish Harrison. Liturgy of the Ordinary: Sacred Practices in Everyday Life. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Anderson, Keith. A Spirituality of Listening. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2016.
- Finn, Nathan A. and Keith S. Whitfield, eds. Spirituality for the Sent. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity, 2017.
- McGrath, Alister. Christian Spirituality. Malden, MA: Blackwell, 1999.
- Morgan, Christopher W., ed. Biblical Spirituality. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2001.
- Chan, Francis. Multiply. Colorado Springs: David C. Cook, 2012.
- Fee, Gordon D. and Douglas Stuart. How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1981, 1993, 2003, 2014.
- Rogers, Matt and Donny Mathis. Seven Arrows. Spring Hill, TN: Rainer Group, 2017.
- Arnold, Clinton E. 3 Crucial Questions about Spiritual Warfare. Three Crucial Questions Series. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1997.
- Powers of Darkness: Principalities and Powers in Paul’s Letters. Downers Grove: IVP, 1992.
- Beilby, James K. and Paul R. Eddy, editors. Understanding Spiritual Warfare: Four Views. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2012.
- Cole, Graham A. Against the Darkness: The Doctrine of Angels, Satan, and Demons. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2019.
- Cook, Willam F. and Chuck Lawless. Spiritual Warfare in the Storyline of Scripture. Nashville: B & H Academic, 2019.
- Heiser, Michael S. Supernatural. Bellingham, WA: Lexham, 2015.
- The Unseen Realm. Bellingham, WA: Lexham, 2015.
- Lawless, Chuck. Discipled Warriors: Growing Healthy Churches That Are Equipped for Spiritual Warfare. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2002.
- Putting on the Armor: Equipped and Deployed for Spiritual Warfare. Nashville: Lifeway Church Resources, 2007.
- Lightner, Robert. Angels, Satan and Demons. Swindoll Leadership Series. Nashville: Nelson, 1998.
- Schemm, Peter R., Jr. “The Agents of God: Angels.” In A Theology for the Church, revised edition edited by Daniel L. Akin. Nashville: B&H, 2014.
- Sproul, R.C. Unseen Realities: Heaven, Hell, Angels and Demons. Ross-shire, Scotland: Christian Focus, 2012.