Stephen M. Griner, MMPiano Instructor
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.” --M. Luther
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Piano.
- B.S. Music Education, Bob Jones University
- M.M. Piano Performance, Bob Jones University
- Postgraduate Study in Performance and Pedagogy, Marta Mihich
My experience includes thirty-four years of private instruction experience and serving as music theater conductor for eleven years, in music theatre performance for nine years, and as church music director for 23 years.
Sacred solo works:
- “Take the world, but give me Jesus.” Pub. by C & L Enterprises
- “O Love that wilt not let me go.” Pub. by Pinner Publications
String solo arrangement:
- “Holy, Holy, Holy.” Pub. By Pinner Publications
- “Jesus, what a friend for sinners.” Pub. by Jantz Music Publications
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Phil Elkins, Director of Operations and Orchestra Personnel, Greenville Symphony
- Debbie Bell, Executive director, South Carolina Childrens’ Theatre
- Susan Messer, interim music director, First Presbyterian Church Greenville
Music has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. My father taught my three brothers and me to sing together from a very young age. I have been playing the piano since getting a toy piano at four years of age. I started formal lessons when I was nine and began playing for church when I was ten. I have been a part of the church music scene ever since. In high school, I knew that I wanted to play in church for a living and teach piano privately. While in college, I had a job as a collaborative pianist. I really enjoyed working with soloists and ensembles. Fast forward through many providential twists and turns on life’s journey, I found out about a collaborative pianist position at NGU six years ago. I never thought that God would lead me here, but He has, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to help future professional musicians develop their skills for the glory of God and the enjoyment of their neighbor.
Favorite Course to Teach:
Piano. I love to share the joy of playing this wonderful instrument.