Shurajit Gopal, PhDAssistant Professor of Communication
Location: Tigerville, SC
“If you can dream it, you can do it” --Walt Disney
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Film, Video, and Media Technology.
- B.A., University of Madras M.A., University of Madras
- Ph.D., The Global Open University Nagaland.
- Fulbright Fellow in Communication Technology, Syracuse University and University of Texas
My experience includes over thirty years’ in teaching at Indira Gandhi National Open University, and North Greenville University. I have also spent six years in Radio Broadcasting at All India Radio, and the Voice of America (VOA) during my Fulbright Fellowship.
“Risen From The Ashes” – A 30-minute documentary film on the history of North Greenville University.
- 2017 – 15 years’ Service Award from North Greenville University.
- 2015 – “You Make A Difference Award” from North Greenville University.
- 2012 – 10 years’ Service Award from North Greenville University.
- 2007 – 5 years’ Service Award from North Greenville University.
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- National Religious Broadcasters (NRB), Washington, DC
- Christian Music Broadcasters (CMB), Arkansas
- Asian Media Research and Information Centre (AMIC), Singapore
- Fulbright Association, Washington, DC
- Cannes Film Festival, France
Since my high-school days, I always wanted to be a Cardiac surgeon. A day before I had to pay my fees for my medical school, God changed my mind and directed me towards Film and Broadcasting which were also of my interest for a long time. So, I entered the film school for my Cinematography program, and after that I did my BA degree program in Public Relations, MA program in Communication, and eventually a Ph.D. program in Mass Communication and Journalism. I started my career as a radio broadcaster, then worked in the Bollywood film industry after which I became a Lecturer in Mass Communication at the Indira Gandhi National Open University in New Delhi, India where I was also a Senior Educational Radio and TV Program producer for the schools of Information Technology, Library Science, and Humanities.
God also blessed me with the opportunity to work with BBC TV producers in making educational TV documentaries while I was teaching at the National Open University. The blessings followed to award me with Fulbright Fellowship in Communication Technology in the United states in 1988 and 1989. I then became a principal consultant for Satellite TV stations. I was instrumental in putting five satellite television stations on the air – four in India and one in Malaysia. After blessing me with all the rich in-the-field experience, God brought me to North Greenville University in 2001 to resume teaching.
Favorite Course to Teach:
I love teaching courses in Media Technology software, Film and TV Production.
Explore more resources related to this field of study: