Randall Moss, EdDAssistant Professor, Biology
Coordinator, First Year Experience
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24, ESV
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Introductory Biology, Human Biology, Environmental Science, Freshman Honors, and First-Year Experience.
- BS, North Greenville University
- MS, Mercer University
- EdD, North Greenville University
My experience includes completing a four-year career in Biomedical Research at Mercer University School of Medicine and teaching at the university level since 2015.
- Selby TL, Biel N, Varn M, Patel S, Patel A, Hilding L, Ray A, Ross T, Cramblet WT, Moss CR, Lowrey AJ, Bentz GL. The Epstein-Barr Virus Oncoprotein, LMP1, Regulates the Function of SENP2, a SUMO-protease. Scientific Reports. 2019 Jul 2;9(1):9523. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-45825-5. PMID: 31266997; PMCID: PMC6606635.
- Salahuddin S, Fath EK, Biel N, Ray A, Moss CR, Patel A, Patel S, Hilding L, Varn M, Ross T, Cramblet WT, Lowrey A, Pagano JS, Shackelford J, Bentz GL. Epstein-Barr Virus Latent Membrane Protein-1 Induces the Expression of SUMO-1 and SUMO-2/3 in LMP1-positive Lymphomas and Cells. Scientific Reports. 2019 Jan 18;9(1):208. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-36312-4. PMID: 30659232; PMCID: PMC6338769.
- Gu Q, Moss CR 2nd, Kettelhut KL, Gilbert CA and Hu H. Activation of TRPV4 regulates respiration through indirect activation of bronchopulmonary sensory neurons. Frontiers in Physiology. 2016 Feb 29;7:65. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00065. eCollection 2016.
- Bentz GL, Moss CR 2nd, Whitehurst CB, Moody CA, and Pagano JS. LMP1-induced Sumoylation Influences the Maintenance of EBV Latency Through KAP1.Journal of Virology. 2015 Aug; 89(15):7465-7477.
- Moss CR 2nd, Gilbert CA, Gabriel SA, Gu Q. Protease-activated receptor-2 regulates BK channel activity in rat vagal bronchopulmonary sensory neurons. Neuroscience Letters. 2015 Jan 8;589C:13-18.
- Vysotskaya ZV, Moss CR 2nd, Gu Q. Differential regulation of ASICs and TRPV1 by zinc in rat bronchopulmonary sensory neurons. Lung. 2014 Dec;192(6):927-934.
- Vysotskaya ZV, Moss CR 2nd, Gilbert CA, Gabriel SA, Gu Q. Modulation of BK channel activities by calcium-sensing receptor in rat bronchopulmonary sensory neurons. Respiratory Physiology and Neurobiology. 2014 Nov 1;203:35-44.
- Gu Q, Vysotskaya ZV, Moss CR 2nd, Kagira MK, Gilbert CA. Calcium sensing receptor in rat vagal bronchopulmonary sensory neurons regulates TRPV1 function. Experimental Physiology. 2013 Nov; 98(11): 1631-1642.
- Aug 2015 – Present Sigma Xi (Research Honors Society) Member, Mercer University
- May 2013 – May 2014 Phi Kappa Phi (Academic Honors Society) Member, Mercer University
- May 2012 – Outstanding Senior Honors Project Award, North Greenville University
- Aug 2008 – May 2012 Honors Scholar, North Greenville University
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes those in my LinkedIn profile.
Early in my scientific research career, it became exceedingly clear that God’s was calling me to teach college students. There is nothing more rewarding to me professionally than to help students grow intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually as they pursue the unique calling God has for their lives.
Favorite Course to Teach
Human Biology and Environmental Science are my favorite courses to teach because I get to build relationships with students from so many different backgrounds. I love helping those students to wrestle with what it means be God’s image bearers on this earth, to develop a better understanding of the purpose and limitations of scientific inquiry, and to see the awe-spiring evidence of our glorious creator displayed in his creation.
Explore more resources related to this field of study: