Nathan Reed, PhDAssistant Professor, Biology
Location: Tigerville, SC
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe" –John Muir
Teaching & Education
I teach Environmental Science, Anatomy and Physiology, First Year Experience, and a range of biology labs.
- BS, Environmental Science, Cedarville University
- PhD, Marine Biology, Texas A&M University
My experience includes teaching at the undergraduate level since 2013.
- Reed, N., Childerhouse, S., Davis, R.W. (2021). Home Ranges and Diving Behavior of New Zealand Sea Lions along the Catlins Coast on South Island, New Zealand. [Manuscript submitted for publication]. Department of Marine Biology, Texas A&M University.
- Reed, N., Sterba-Boatwright, B., Davis, R.W. (2021). Cross-Validation Home Range Model Selection for a Semi-aquatic Species. [Manuscript submitted for publication]. Department of Marine Biology, Texas A&M University.
- 2017 – Texas A&M University at Galveston Male Intramural Athlete of the Year
- 2019 – Texas A&M University Comprehensive Research Funds
- New Zealand Department of Conservation
- International Bio-logging Society
From the time I can remember, I was always drawn to the outdoors and wildlife. I knew I wanted to pursue that passion in the biological sciences with my life. I was blessed with godly scientific mentors in both high school and university who exemplified the integration of faith and science. As I advanced in my doctoral degree, I felt an increasing desire to mentor the next generation of scientists and students as I had been. North Greenville University is the perfect atmosphere for me to do just that. I get to share my faith in the Creator and His handiwork in creation each and every day, and I feel blessed to have joined the faculty at NGU.
- Related Links