Liliane Toss, PhDProfessor of French
Language Lab Director
Unit: Modern Language and Linguistics
Location: Tigerville, SC
"The Lord says: 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.' Keep your eyes on Him."
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in French Language, Modern French Literature, French Theatre, Contemporary French Culture & Society, and Arabic Language courses.
- B.A. College of Languages, Ain-Shams State University, Cairo, Egypt
- M.A. French , Ain-Shams State University, Cairo Egypt
- Ph.D. French Language & Literature, in-Shams State University, Cairo, Egypt
My experience includes one year of teaching in secondary education at Notre Dame des Apôtres HS. I also taught summer courses at “Institut Lefevre” in Normandy, France. I have been teaching at the university level since 1986 as a Lecturer, Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor.
- “Le thème de l’environnement dans les dessins de presse de Plantu- Étude sémiotique”, French Literature Series, Volume 39, May 2013, USA.
- “L’image de la France dans le dialogue De Gaulle – Beuve-Méry – Suprématie politique et leadership humaniste”, French Literature Series, Volume 33, Mai 2006, USA.
- “Moderato Cantabile de Marguerite Duras – Étude des stratégies d’interaction et des procédés d’argumentation utilisés par les interlocuteurs”, Applied Semiotics, June 2002, Canada.
- “Potentiel créatif et résonances poétiques dans “120 rue de la Gare” de Léo Malet et “Au bonheur des ogres” de Daniel Pennac”, Journal de la Faculté des Lettres, July 2000, Cairo University, Egypt.
- “Relance de l’enseignement du Français en Egypte”, Tracer, September 1999, Centre de Recherche en Enseignement des Langues, Orsay, France.
- 2020 – NGU Distinguished Service Award
- April 2020 – NGU Scholarly Presentation Award, in the Discipline of French Language
- April 2019 – NGU Academic Publication Award, in the Discipline of Modern Languages and Linguistics
- April 2019 – NGU Scholarly Presentation Award, in the Discipline of Modern Languages and Linguistics
- April 2016 – NGU Scholarly Publication Award, in the Discipline of French Language
- 2015 – NGU Distinguished Service Award
- 2010 – NGU Certificate of Appreciation for Faculty services
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Paul Bramsen, Author & President: Rock International
- Dr. Tom Grassano, Founder & Director: Urban Harvest Ministries
- Dr. Jeff Persels, French Program Director: University of South Carolina – USC, Columbia
My passion for reading had opened my eyes to the world around us. I grew up in Egypt, immersed in the French language. Then, when I was in college, I followed my dream and I started travelling the world. I discovered with a great interest, the social life and the culture in France, in the Francophone and in the European countries that I visited. I enjoy teaching the language that I love and my main goal is to help my students develop critical thinking skills that will guide them when they explore the French ideologies. I taught in public universities until the Lord led my steps to NGU. What a privilege it is for me to be serving the Lord and equipping my students in the same time! As Christians, we need to be able to relate to the world where we live in order to share our faith and the love of Jesus Christ. My goal is to keep travelling, exploring new places, and discovering new cultures
Favorite Course to Teach
- French Culture Through Movies
- Related Links