Joshua GilmoreDirector of Community Connection and Ministry Mobilization
Unit: Campus Ministries and Student Engagement
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Let’s mobilize every single student in Jesus’ name!” – Ephesians 4:1-2
Teaching & Education
Joshua Gilmore received his bachelor’s degree in Christian Studies from North Greenville University. He continued his education at NGU and was awarded a Master’s degree in Christian Ministry. He completed his Educational Specialist degree (Ed.S) in 2016 at Columbia International University.
Gilmore has been serving in full-time ministry since 2007. He first served for five years at a local church in the Chicago area as a student pastor. In 2012, Gilmore moved south and trained college students at a small missionary school for four and a half years. He then returned to the north and served as a college minister at a large church in New Jersey. In 2018 Gilmore received the call to minister at North Greenville University.
- 2005 – Gilmore married the love of his life – Nicole Gilmore!
- 2007 – Gilmore became an ordained Southern Baptist minister.
- 2007 – Gilmore helped pioneer the Allies Ministry Network – This group has been repeatedly recognized, both in conferences and in print, as the flagship “ministerial network” by Gregg Stier of Dare 2 Share Ministries.
- 2009 – Gilmore became a father.
- 2012 – Gilmore became an affiliate member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education
- 2016 – Gilmore became a certified foster parent.
- 2019 – Gilmore met his personal goal to minister outside the USA in over ten countries before the year 2020.
Gilmore is currently being mentored by Dr. Don Wilton (Billy Graham’s personal friend and pastor prior to his passing and the acting Senior Pastor of FBC Spartanburg), and he remains close friends with Seth Condrey (Internationally recognized worship leader who performs the song “Death was Arrested.)
I had the great privilege of growing up in a Christian home in SC as one of four children. I accepted Christ as Savior when I was very young. I received the call to ministry at age 16. Growing up I loved playing the drums, getting lost in the woods, and going to the library to listen to audiobooks. While I still deeply love all of these activities, today I most enjoy: spending time with my wife and 3 daughters, going on outdoor adventures, and mobilizing college students to do the work of ministry!
- Related Links