Hayley De González, MFAChair, Department of Art
Associate Professor, Art
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Art and creativity are reflections of our Creator.”
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in graphic design, ceramics, and art appreciation.
- BA Graphic Design, Francis Marion University
- MFA Ceramics, University of South Carolina
My experience includes teaching at the collegiate level since 2013. I have also served as Art Adviser to The Mountain Laurel, NGU’s student-led art and literature publication, since 2015 and taught workshops at the Greenville Center for Creative Arts.
- Bloom, ThomasArts (Florence, SC) 2017
- GCCA Members Show, Greenville Center for Creative Arts (Greenville, SC) 2019
- 7th Annual Collegiate Invitational, Spartanburg County Public Library (Spartanburg, SC) 2019
- Small Works 2019, Florence County Museum (Florence, SC) 2019
- Mugshot2: Clay International, Mojo Coffee Gallery (Minneapolis, MN) 2019
- SC CLAY>HIGHER ED, Francis Marion University (Florence, SC) 2018
- Good Things, Flower City Arts Center (Rochester, NY) 2018
- Faculty Art Exhibition, Gallery at Ole 414, North Greenville University (Tigerville, SC) 2018
- 5th Annual Cup Show, Studio 550 Art Center (Manchester, NH) 2017
2016 – Design of the Year Award, The Mountain Laurel, Ninth Place, Yearbook/Magazine Page/Spread, Associate Collegiate Press, Washington, D.C.
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Greenville Center for Creative Arts
- Greer Cultural Arts Council
- Highwater Clays
Having a life-long interest in art, it was no surprise when I decided to pursue a career in art. However, while I was in school for my undergraduate degree, the Lord surprised me by igniting a desire to teach art and help shape the next generation of artists. I went on to finish my BA degree, worked in the industry for a little while, and then obtained my MFA. The Lord timed everything perfectly, leading me to NGU, where I am able to do what I love – teach art and guide students, all while reflecting the love of Christ.
Explore more resources related to this field of study: