Cheryl Greene, DMAProfessor of Music
Coordinator of Voice
Location: Tigerville, SC
“To whom much has been given, much more shall be required.”
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in the Voice Performance degree including Diction for Singers, Voice Literature, Opera and Music Theatre Workshop, and Applied Voice Lessons. Degrees
B.Mus. Sacred Music, Bob Jones University M.M. Voice Performance, Bob Jones University D.M.A., University of South Carolina
I have taught at the university level for 30 years, and have sung in local theatre and chorus productions. I have also musically directed and produced numerous concerts, musicals and operas at NGU.
- 2020 – Musical director, Brigadoon – North Greenville University
- 2018 – Don Pelagio, La Canterina – North Greenville University
- 2018 – Choir director, Hymn sing: Keith and Kristyn Getty – Heritage Bible Church
- 2016 – Bob Jones University Alumni Concert, Verdi Arias – BJU
- 2016 – Madame de la Grande Bouche, Beauty and the Beast – South Carolina Children’s Theatre
- 2017 – Bach Christmas Oratorio – Pickens Community Choir Three One Act Christmas Operas – NGU
- 2014 – Opera director
- 2013 – Vocal Coach/Musical Director, The 1940s Radio Hour – North Greenville University
- 2012 – Julia, St. Nicholas – Tryon Community Chorus
- 2012 – Mother Abbess, The Sound of Music – South Carolina Children’s Theatre
- 2012 – Vocal Coach/Musical Director, Little Women – North Greenville University
- 2010 – 2nd Lady, Die Zauberflöte – Greenville Opera
- 2007 – Donna Elvira, Don Giovanni – Asheville Lyric Opera
Lamar S. Chapman Meritorious Award, North Greenville University
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- National Association of Teachers of Singing
- South Carolina Association of Teacher of Singing
- Somatic VoiceworkSM The LoVetri Method
I serve as the coordinator of the voice program at NGU. I hold a Bachelor of Music degree in sacred music and a Master of Music degree in vocal performance from Bob Jones University. My Doctorate of Musical Arts degree in vocal performance was completed at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, where I studied with Gene Ferguson. I am also a certified teacher in Somatic Voicework The LoVetri Method. Some of my operatic and musical theatre roles include Bersi in Andrea Chénier, Georgette in Il Tabarro, Second Lady in Die Zauberflöte, Madame Lidoine in Dialogues of the Carmelites, Lady Billows in Albert Herring, Donna Elvira in Don Giovanni, Fairy God Mother in Cinderella, Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music and the Wardrobe in Beauty and the Beast.
I have done the music direction for several opera and musical theatre productions at NGU, including Cinderella, Love in the Spotlight, She Loves Me, Little Women, La Serva Padrona, 1940s Radio Hour, and Three One-Act Christmas Operas: Good King Wenceslas, The Shepherd’s Play, St. Nicholas, Seasons of Love: An Evening of Love Letters and Love Songs and Brigadoon. Regionally, I have appeared in productions with the Greenville Chorale, Tryon Community Chorus, Fountain Inn Orchestra, South Carolina Children’s Theatre, Greenville Opera, Asheville Lyric Opera Company, and Bob Jones University Symphony Orchestra. I live in Taylors with my two dogs, a shih-tzu named Yum Yum and an aussiedoodle, Sadie — and enjoy knitting and working in my garden.
Favorite Course to Teach:
Diction I and II have become my favorite courses to teach. IPA is “decoder-ring” for determining proper foreign pronunciation. Providing a tool to help voice student connect and sing in the languages for art song and opera selections is rewarding.
Explore more resources related to this field of study: