Andrew W. Stevens, D.Min.Associate Professor, Communication
Location: Tigerville, SC
"I am a teacher and I love pouring my life into students. First, helping them grow daily to resemble Christ more and more, and, second, to equip them as professionals who will make an impact on their professions and on our world."
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Television and Audio Production, Media Ministry, and Oral Communication.
- B.A., Radio, TV, Film, Baylor University
- M.A., Speech Communication, Broadcast Communication focus, Marquette University
- Graduate Studies Communications, University of Missouri
- D.Min., Media Ministry focus, North Greenville University
My experience includes the following:
- Lab instructor, Baylor University
- Teaching Assistant, Marquette University
- Instructor, Missouri Baptist University
- Training Facilitator, AVW Audio Visual
- General Manager, WCQT-LPTV in Cullman, AL
- Adjunct instructor, Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, AL
- Production experience including work as a news photographer, reporter, videographer, television station general manager, a show coordinator, video specialist, corporate training facilitator, radio talk show host, and performer.
- I currently work as a sports producer, videographer, and production utility for clients ranging from a local television, and regional college and professional sports, to ESPN+, and Fox and CBS for the NFL.
I am part of an average of 20+ sports productions a year for various clients and often involved students in these productions when it is possible. I have worked on a number of creative projects for North Greenville University colleagues and departments including the production of several plays, instructional content, and promotional material.
Self-publish various vlogs about leadership and discipleship and self-published a white paper on producing football on the local high school level.
Currently have three books in the research and writing stage and look forward to completing for publication.
The Greenhouse Effect: Building a Culture that Develops Disciples as Leaders in the Mass Communication Department at North Greenville University. North Greenville University, Doctoral Dissertation 2018.
Producing a Football Game. Conference Presentation at Camp T&I – Career Technical Education Resource Network. For Georgia High School Media Educators. 2021
- 2010 – Amateur Bass Drum Champion, Eastern United States Pipe Band Association
- April 2019 – Excellence in Teaching Award from SC Independent Colleges and Universities
I am thankful to be part of the NGU family, as both an alumnus and a faculty member. I have known Christ from my childhood. The privilege of living Him out day to day in my classroom, and in life, is the greatest experience for me as a disciple.