Consumer Info

divider image


Professional Licensure Disclosure

  • Professional Licensure Disclosure Policy

    North Greenville University offers several programs leading to professional licensure in the state of South Carolina.  States vary in what professions they require to be licensed and how licensure is obtained.  Some states require individuals graduate from an approved program, while others may require additional testing, coursework, background checks or passage of an additional state requisite exam. 

  • State Authorization

    North Greenville University is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) which allows us to provide distance learning programs (both online and through supervised field experiences) and coursework to residents of states outside of South Carolina.  NC-SARA does not, however, grant reciprocity or exempt us from state professional licensing requirements.  As a result, licensing requirements in South Carolina may not be recognized as sufficient to obtain a license in other states.

  • Relocation

    Relocating to another state while in the course of a program may impact whether a student can remain in the program, meet the state licensing requirements and/or continue to receive financial aid funding.  Prior to considering relocation, please contact your academic advisor to discuss authorization and licensure eligibility requirements.  Students are required to confirm or update their permanent address at the start of each academic year.  This information will be used to generate professional licensure disclosures.

  • International Students

    Prior to enrolling in a program at North Greenville University, prospective students living and/or working outside of the United States should confirm with the appropriate certifying agency whether successful completion of any North Greenville University program will meet the credentialing requirements of the country they intend to seek employment, as to certain types of employment or for advanced/specialized educational programs.

  • Master of Medical Science (PA Medicine)

    Graduates of the NGU Master of Medical Science degree program are eligible to take the Physician Assistant National Certification Exam (PANCE) for national certification.  Nationally certified Physician Assistants are able to practice in any state.  However, each state has its own individual licensing boards as well as licensure requirements.  North Greenville University is unable to determine additional requirements by state.  Students living outside of South Carolina are encouraged to visit for more information regarding state licensure specific to individual US states.

© North Greenville University. All Rights Reserved. | Accessibility Statement | Non-Discrimination Policy
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap