Communication Scholarships 2020-2021
The College of Communication will award academic/management scholarships and endowed scholarships for academic year 2020-2021 to deserving Communication students.
New Full-time Freshman
Academic scholarships will be awarded to new full-time freshmen that have met the following criteria:
- Declared NGU Major in either Media Ministry, Broadcast Media or Digital Media
- 3.5 or higher High School GPA
- Minimum SAT combined score of 1100 or ACT score of 22
- Minimum 250-word essay on the topic of “What I Expect to Contribute to the Communication Profession”
- Letter of recommendation from high school media adviser or teacher should sent to Dr. Web Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline.
Full-time Communication Students
Academic scholarships to continuing or transfer full-time Communication students will be awarded to those students who have met the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the end of the fall semester
- Minimum major GPA of 3.0 at the end of the fall semester
- Minimum 250-word essay on the topic of “How I Will Present a Christian Worldview through the Communication Profession
- Letter of recommendation from a professor outside the College of Communication should be sent to Dr. Web Drake at email@example.com by the submission deadline.
Editorial and Management Scholarships
Editorial and management scholarships are awarded to students accepted for positions such as:
- Student Media Coordinator
- The Vision Magazine Editor-in-Chief
- The Vision Magazine Managing Editor
- The Vision Online Editor
- The Vision TV Manager
- The Vision TV News Director
- WNGR Station Manager
Questions regarding scholarships may be directed to Dr. Web Drake, Dean of the College of Communication & Fine Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org.