Start Early. Start Late. Just Start.
If your calling is loud and clear, what are you waiting for? Start preparing. Line up your shadowing or internship options. Add skills like etiquette and resume writing to your toolbox. Work through your major. Plan.
If you’re still listening, start exploring. Talk to people who love the same
3 Steps to a Great Career
Step 1: Explore
So, you didn’t know you wanted to be a dentist in third grade. You still know a lot about your gifts, interests, and possible direction—you just may not have words for it yet.
Pay attention. Take the tests. Volunteer. Serve others, pray, and listen. It will become clear.
Career Exploration & Self-Assessment Resources:
Step 2: Prepare
Must-do Action Steps:
- Set up a College Central Network (CCN) account.
- Work on your resume through CCN—yes, even if you’re still in your first year at NGU.
- Schedule a career advising or resume buffing appointment through CCN.
- Talk to your academic advisor. Oh, and listen, too.
Step 3: Launch
- Update your CCN information.
- Network: attend career fairs, professional events, conferences, meet-ups, etc. Polish your LinkedIn profile.
- Draft and polish cover letters. Read your friends’ cover letters, too. Help each other do better.
- Apply to graduate school if that’s your career’s next step—early in the fall semester of your senior year at NGU.
- Schedule a job search assistance appointment with us through CCN.