School of Allied Health Professions
Physician Assistant Program Overview
The School of Allied Health Professions is home to the Physician Assistant Medicine Program at North Greenville University. Our professional degree program is intended to prepare students academically and professionally for responsibilities and services as a PA.
- The ideal NGU candidate is well-rounded demonstrating excellent grades, hands-on patient care experience, an outstanding and altruistic commitment to service and volunteerism, a passion for medicine and the PA profession, and desire to serve as a primary care practitioner in a medically underserved area.
- All NGU PA degree courses must be taken as part of the PA cohort and no advanced placement options are available. All students who matriculate into the PA program must complete all program requirements.
- This entry-level master’s degree program consists of 131 semester hours divided into three phases that span 24 consecutive months. The Didactic Phase represents the preclinical year and spans 12 months. The Clinical Phase represents the clinical year and consists of 11 months of supervised clinical education and coursework. The Summative Phase is 1 month in duration and represents the final stage of training.
- Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be awarded a Master of Medical Science (MMS) degree and be eligible to sit for the PA National Certifying Exam (PANCE).
- The NGU PA Medicine program will matriculate 30 students annually.
General Program Information
What Is a PA?
From the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA).
PA Program Information
Information Sessions for 2021:
Tuesday, January 19th @ 12:00pm EST-Virtual
Tuesday, February 23rd @ 5:30pm EST-Virtual
Tuesday, March 23rd – Time and platform (virtual vs in-person) TBD
Tuesday, April 20th – Time and platform (virtual vs in-person) TBD
Please fill out the RSVP form and you will be emailed a link the morning of the virtual Information Session you have chosen.
Develop well-informed and compassionate PAs who provide patient-centered and service-oriented medical care in diverse environments.
Transform health care for the benefit of the people and communities.
PA Core Values
The Physician Assistant Degree Program embraces the following core values:
- Core Value 1 – Compassion
- Core Value 2 – Service
- Core Value 3 – Leadership
- Core Value 4 – Up to Date Medical Knowledge
The Physician Assistant Degree Program program affirms its core values as essential to fulfilling the program mission statement and is committed to the institutional values as statements of its culture and environment. With this in mind, the Department of PA Medicine supports the following goals:
- Goal 1 – PA employment as a primary care provider
- Goal 2 – PA employment in the Upstate and other regions of South Carolina
- Goal 3 – PA employment in underserved populations and areas
- Goal 4 – PA volunteerism in community-sponsored organizations such as free medical clinics, search and rescue teams, emergency response groups, and fire departments
- Goal 5 – PA volunteerism in medical mission work at a national and international level