Office of University Marketing
The Office of University Marketing (OUM
Visit Our New Office
The Office of University Marketing has relocated to our new office space in the Eddie Runion Creative Arts Center at 7800-A N. Tigerville Rd, Tigerville, SC 29681.
Mon: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Marketing Request Form
For all photography and videography requests, please read the additional information before completing the form.
Due to the number of current projects, a minimum of two weeks is required for most project submissions. Client-provided print-only projects require a minumum of three business days.
University Marketing Resources
How to record a video on your phone:
- Open your phone camera and choose video mode.
- Tap there cord button to start recording.
- While recording, you can pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
- Tap the red record button again to stop recording.
- Use the back lens, not the selfie lens.
- Use a Bluetooth microphone for better sound. If that’s not possible, keep the camera within 3′ of the subject.
- Shoot in landscape (horizontal) orientation, not portrait (vertical.)
- Use a tripod. If you do not have one, let a friend hold the camera for you; don’t hold it yourself.
- Look into the camera lens, not at the person who’s holding the phone. (Unless you want to appear interview-style.)
- Tap on the face of the subject on screen to focus on the subject.
- Pick a quiet location with minimal background noise.
- Try to find an interesting setting. Avoid standing in front of a blank wall if possible.
- Pick a well-lit spot, but do not shoot against a window or other bright background.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what is in your shot. Remove anything that will be distracting.
- Wait a beat before talking, and wait a beat when you’re done before cutting.
- Smile! Be happy!
- Do not email or text the clips from your phone — they will come across at low resolution.
Creating social media platforms for your school, department or organization? Wondering how to approach social media for professional and personal use? The NGU University Marketing team offers these guidelines and best practices to see success from social media marketing and to keep you safe online.