Office of University Marketing
The Office of University Marketing (OUM) supports North Greenville University by managing all branding, marketing, and creative services for the university. We look forward to assisting you in your upcoming projects in the areas of copywriting, designing, managing marketing initiatives, web design, printing, photography, and videography. Explore our pages to see how we can help you achieve your creative goals.
The Office of University Marketing and the PrintHub administrative office is located in the Eddie Runion Creative Arts Center at 7800-A N. Tigerville Rd, Tigerville, SC 29681.
Mon: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Fri: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
University Marketing Project Requests
University Marketing Resources
How to record a video on your phone:
- Open your phone camera and choose video mode.
- Tap the record button to start recording.
- While recording, you can pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
- Tap the red record button again to stop recording.
- Use the back lens, not the selfie lens.
- Use a Bluetooth microphone for better sound. If that’s not possible, keep the camera within 3′ of the subject.
- Shoot in landscape (horizontal) orientation, not portrait (vertical.)
- Use a tripod. If you do not have one, let a friend hold the camera for you; don’t hold it yourself.
- Look into the camera lens, not at the person who’s holding the phone. (Unless you want to appear interview-style.)
- Tap on the face of the subject on screen to focus on the subject.
- Pick a quiet location with minimal background noise.
- Try to find an interesting setting. Avoid standing in front of a blank wall if possible.
- Pick a well-lit spot, but do not shoot against a window or other bright background.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what is in your shot. Remove anything that will be distracting.
- Wait a beat before talking, and wait a beat when you’re done before cutting.
- Smile! Be happy!
- Do not email or text the clips from your phone — they will come across at low resolution.
Creating social media platforms for your school, department or organization? Wondering how to approach social media for professional and personal use? The NGU University Marketing team offers these guidelines and best practices to see success from social media marketing and to keep you safe online.