Elevate. Inspire. Instruct.
Help others find their voice and fine-tune their talents.
Lead the Next Generation of Musicians
From organizing marching bands to directing high school musicals, we realize your time is limited. That’s why we’ve designed our program with flexibility to fit around your schedule. On your own time and at your own pace, we come alongside and meet you where you are. Engage proven methods of instruction. Master the art of planning your school’s musical programs. Even explore emerging vocal and musical technologies in the classroom.
Expand your impact and ability as a music teacher. Reenergize your career with new insights, approaches, and techniques. And prepare to inspire future generations of musicians or vocal artists. All through a Master of Music Education, at NGU.
Music Beside Experienced & Faithful Musicians
A Customized Approach to Music Education
- History of Music Education
- Current Issues in Music Education
- Analytical Techniques
- Techniques of Research in Music and Music Education
- Psychology of Music and Music Education
*Choose 14 credit hours’ worth of elective courses from the following:
- Teaching the Developing Singer
- Vocal Pedagogy and Health
- Choral Arranging
- Graduate Applied Voce
- Music Technology for Educators
- Graduate Conducting Techniques
- Graduate Conducting Review
- AP Theory
- Instrumental Repair
- The Integration of Global Music into the Classroom
- Marching Band Techniques
- Directing the High School Musical
- Graduate Applied Piano, Brass, Organ, Percussion, or Strings
- And more (see catalog for full offerings)
Complete your degree with a teaching or research-based Thesis Project (requires approval from the Graduate Committee).