Each member of the NGU community is expected to take appropriate hand hygiene measures. A simple, yet effective, way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to wash your hands often and thoroughly. According to the CDC, to properly wash your hands, you should:
- WET your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap
- LATHER your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails
- SCRUB your hands for at least 20 seconds
- RINSE your hands well under clean, running water
- DRY your hands using a clean towel, or air dry them
NGU will provide hand sanitizing stations throughout campus. We encourage students also to keep a personal sanitizing option handy that comports to recommended CDC alcohol percentages for the killing of viruses. As a matter of habit, we suggest students and professors using hand sanitizer immediately upon entry into every building or classroom, as well as gyms, eateries, residence halls, etc.