Members of the university community, including guests, are encouraged to wear face coverings while on campus if they so choose. However, the use of masks, face cloths, or face coverings is no longer required. Exceptions to this protocol will be considered by application and communicated in writing.
WHAT KIND OF FACE-COVERING CAN I USE?
Face-coverings may be factory or hand-made face masks or face cloths that completely cover the nose and mouth by way of ties, straps, or simply wrapped around the lower face. Suggestions for making cloth face-coverings are available from the U.S. Surgeon General/CDC. When using reusable face coverings, you should properly and frequently wash them. Students must dispose of non-reusable masks themselves after a single day’s use. What you choose for face-coverings will need to line up with the institution’s guidelines.
- Must align with the University’s dress code standards outlined on page 10 in the student handbook: “being free from profanity, suggestive phrases, alcohol, tobacco, drug advertisements, or other inappropriate phrases or symbols.”
- Must reflect a love for one’s neighbor and respect for the university community by not being a distraction to others nor advocating for groups or organizations whose mission is not compatible with NGU.
When the use of masks, face-cloths or face-coverings is mandatory, North Greenville suggests that individuals familiarize themselves with CDC recommended instructions on how to wear a face-covering correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
- Put it over your nose and mouth, and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
All students are encouraged to bring machine-washable face-coverings. As a part of New Student Orientation, each new student will receive one adjustable, machine-washable mask with a charcoal filter sleeve (filter sold separately). Returning students may receive the same mask upon request in the campus store (student ID required). Additional gaiter and mask style face-coverings, charcoal filters, and limited PPE items will be available in the campus store to outfit the needs of the NGU community. For an expansive menu of PPE items, please consider shopping through Amazon.
Students who desire exemptions for wearing required face-coverings in specific settings may appeal for an accommodation. Please read about details in the accommodation section.