Classroom & Labs
In general, classrooms remain in their standard arrangements for seating and instruction. Please familiarize yourself with NGU’s approach to face-coverings. Some classes or labs have received exemptions to the face-covering guidelines. Your instructor will inform you of class exemptions and the Dean for your academic disciple will resource you related to any college specific protocols.
The library will be open to the NGU community and visitors during the Fall 2020 semester. Please check our Hester Memorial Library website for the most up-to-date hours of operation. Here are some things to know before you visit the library:
- Face coverings are not required to enter the library.
- Physical distancing is not required in the library.
- Books or other materials checked out should be returned using the book drop located on the library balcony across from the Hayes Ministry Center.
Students who need assistance may contact library staff by emailing email@example.com or by calling (864) 977-7091 or (864) 977-7094.
Tutoring and Testing
Students can expect the same quality tutoring opportunities throughout the spring semester as have been offered in the past. In-person, one-on-one tutoring is available by appointment via Schedulicity. Additionally, virtual tutoring via Microsoft Teams is available for most subjects. The Writing Center, Math Lab, and Language Lab will be open, and appointments are strongly encouraged. We are also offering tutoring sessions for Blackboard and Student Portal proficiency, as well as general academic success topics (i.e. time management, study skills, note-taking)
- Both tutors and tutees will be required to wear an appropriate mask/face covering during in-person one-on-one or lab tutoring sessions.
- Students should meet in large common spaces where physical distancing can be maintained
- Labs will open at limited capacity to ensure that physical distancing measures can be maintained.
- Labs and study rooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
Testing can be stressful. We’ll do our best to make the testing center a place where you thrive. Please note, there are fewer available testing spaces due to physical distancing. Therefore it, is vital that tests are scheduled as early as possible to reserve and observe designated spaces. Additionally, students should accurately monitor their accommodated test-time. Due to COVID-19 safety concerns the following protocols will be implemented:
- A mask/face-covering is not required in the Student Accessibility Coordinator’s office and the testing center.
- No supplies (pencils, paper, scantrons, calculators, rulers, etc.) will be furnished or shared within the testing center.
- Students are asked to use hand sanitizer found at the entrance and within the testing center.
- Disposable ear plugs will be made available.
For answers to important questions see our FAQ section.