Report Criminal & Suspicious Activity Promptly
Help make the NGU campus safer for everyone. You are strongly encouraged to report criminal and suspicious activity to the NGU Office of Campus Security–quickly and accurately.
Prompt, accurate reporting helps our Campus Security team intervene in potential criminal activity. You can even make a report on someone else’s behalf. For example, if they can’t or choose not to report.
Please do not delay. If you witness suspicious or harmful activities, call Campus Security right away.
Report criminal activity immediately! Call us and press 1 for emergencies.
Observe and try to provide a description of the offender(s) including gender, age, race, hair, clothing, and distinguishing features. If the crime involved a vehicle, try to get the license plate number, their direction of travel, and the color, make, and/or model of the vehicle.
The more accurate information you provide, the more appropriate and swift our response can be. You may choose to document the details of the situation on your phone or on paper, but do not put yourself in harm’s way to get information.
If the crime just happened, stay in the area. Do not touch any items involved and keep others from entering the scene until Campus Security arrives.
The officers will gather information concerning all witnesses’ observations, as well as their contact information. After Campus Security gets the necessary information, they will release all witnesses.
Witnessing a crime or surviving an incident can be traumatic. NGU Victim Services professionals are here for you. To get help and support after a crime, please call us at 864.977.2008.
Report Suspicious Activity
What is suspicious activity? A person acting suspiciously might:
- Try to enter a residence without the proper access card or key.
- Forcibly enter a locked vehicle or building.
- Look like they are trying to sneak into a place or a car unseen.
- Run around in a panic, screaming and seeking help.
- Carry unexpected property, such as electronics or a locked bicycle, at an unusual hour or location.
- Go door-to-door in an office building or a residential area.
- Try to open the doors of different vehicles.
- Exhibit unusual emotional or physical characteristics, such as rage or distress.
Other suspicious situations might include:
- Transactions conducted from vehicles, especially near schools or parks. You may be witnessing a drug sale or the sale of stolen property.
- One or more persons sitting in a parked car, scanning the area or acting as a lookout.
- A person (especially a child or female) being forced into a vehicle.
- Unusual noises such as gunshots, screaming, sounds of fighting, or anything suggesting foul play, danger, or illegal activity.
- Overhearing people planning a crime or talking about a crime they have committed.
Report suspicious activity immediately! Call 864.977.7777 (press 1) or use our anonymous form.
Community members can anonymously report criminal or suspicious activity either by completing the Campus Security form or calling Campus Security at 864.977.7777 (option 6). For emergencies, call 911 or 864.977.7777 (option 1).
You may also ask an NGU Campus Security officer to file a report on the details of the incident without revealing your identity. Please include details as specifically as possible.
Anonymous reports are counted and disclosed in the annual crime statistics for the University, such as The Clery Report. These reports help NGU:
- Accurately record the number of incidents involving students, employees and visitors.
- Determine patterns of criminal activity in a particular location or method or by a specific person/group.
- Alert the campus community to potential danger.
Help protect the rights and safety of everyone in the NGU community. If you witness or experience a crime or accident, call Campus Security at 864.977.7777.