We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of campus security, and we take great pride in our work to ensure the safety and well-being of all members of our campus community.
The mission of the Office of Campus Safety and Security is to ensure a safe and secure environment for all members of our campus community by serving others in a Christ-like manner. We are committed to providing professional and responsive services that protect life, property, and the rights of individuals while fostering a culture of respect and personal accountability.
Our Vision is to be recognized as a leader in campus safety and security, setting the benchmark for excellence in protecting and serving our campus community. We strive to create an environment where safety is paramount, fostering a sense of trust and confidence among students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Our department expects our members to be morally, ethically, and legally pure. Our members seek to safeguard individual rights and treat all with respect and courtesy. This is achieved through SCRIP.
- Safety: Our department’s primary value is prioritizing the safety and security of the campus community. This includes implementing proactive measures, conducting regular patrols, and utilizing the latest technological advances to keep our campus free from harm.
- Collaboration: Our department believes in building strong partnerships and fostering collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, and other campus stakeholders to achieve optimum effectiveness.
- Respect: Our department members value treating all individuals with respect and dignity, regardless of their background, or status. We strive to create a considerate and welcoming environment for everyone on campus.
- Integrity: Upholding high ethical standards and demonstrating integrity is crucial for our officers and department. We value honesty, transparency, and accountability in our actions and decisions.
- Professionalism: Our officers value professionalism in all aspects of their work. This includes maintaining a professional appearance, exhibiting courteous behavior, and delivering services with a high level of competence and efficiency.
North Greenville University officers are trained and registered by a state approved instructor and licensed by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED). North Greenville University Security officers, being licensed by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), have the same powers and authority as Deputy Sheriffs(South Carolina State Law 40-18-80), including the authority to make arrests for misdemeanors and felonies (South Carolina State Law 40-18-110), and the authority to be armed (South Carolina State Law 40-18-100