Patricia Jeannette Mercier, DMinAssistant Professor, General Studies
Program Coordinator, General Studies | Associate Director, Center for eLearning
Unit: Interdisciplinary Studies and General Studies, Online General Studies
Location: Greer, SC
“I have a passion to see people operating in their gifts and callings.”
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in eLearning, Academic Success and General Studies Senior Capstone courses.
- BS, Management (Minor in Political Science), Louisiana State University
- MDiv, Practical Theology, Regent University
- DMin, Leadership, Regent University
My experience includes experience in a diverse range of areas from child development and ministry, business, as well as higher education and higher education support. I serve online adult learners teaching them how to utilize software and virtual tools as well as guiding them on how to succeed in their studies since 2007. I developed the General Studies program for NGU online in 2015 and the on-campus version in 2020
- Dissertation: Training PreTeens in their Motivational Gifts at New Life Providence in Virginia Beach, VA., Copyright 2008.
- Spiritual Mothering in the Kingdom. Amazon: Create Space, March 2016.
- Creative Focus Devotion and Journal: 40 Weeks. Amazon: Create Space, June 2018.
- Mentoring: A Practical Guide to Biblical Mentoring. Amazon Digital Services, June 2019.
- My Spiritual House. Amazon Digital Services, July 2020.
- 2006, 2001 – President’s Award for Excellence, Regent University
- 2003 – Award for Excellence Outstanding Graduate:MDiv program, School of Divinity, Regent University
- 2003, 2007 – Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges:
- 2020 – Professor for Affordable Learning (PAL): South Carolina Affordable Learning (SCALE)
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Renewable Sustainable Living (RSL) Holding Company, SC
- RSL Builders (Ministry), Greer, SC
- Vanguard Ministries International
- Society for Professional Christian Educators (SPCE)
Dr. Mercier has experience in a diverse range of areas from child development and ministry to business, as well as higher education and administrative support. She developed the NGU Online General Studies program, making a classical liberal arts education available to adult learners. Dr. Mercier enjoys seeing adults return to finish their degrees and considers it a privilege to help them succeed and fulfill their calling.
“I am called to be a spiritual mother in God’s Kingdom (I Thessalonians 2:7-8). In the beginning my call was to minister to families in children’s ministry where I served for over 18 years. I served in ministry leadership roles for 15 years. I also worked in many administrative positions at Regent University while attending Seminary and the Doctor of Leadership program. While serving at the University, God expanded my focus from ministry to children, to influence men and women of God who will impact others for Christ. I began teaching on the University level in 2007 and transitioned to full-time teaching for NGU in 2014.
Favorite Course to Teach:
GSTD 4390 Senior Capstone
The General Studies capstone course was designed to help the student understand and apply interdisciplinary skills of critical thinking, collaboration, and reflection in preparing for the job market. In this class, I help the students look at what skills they have acquired from the various disciplines they have studied and how to articulate them for employers. They are encouraged to discover God’s purpose for their lives as they reflect on the various portfolio assignments. We also discuss the Biblical worldview as it relates to the various disciplines, work, and society. It is my joy to see students create goals to help them prepare for their future careers.”
Explore more resources related to this field of study