Martin R. Jones, PhD, JDDepartment Chair, Accounting and Business
Assistant Professor, Business
Unit: College of Business and Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Business
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” --Walt Disney
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Business Ethics, Professional Ethics, and the Legal Environment of Business.
- MTheol, Leadership, Dallas Theological Seminary
- JD, The University of Central Lancashire (UK)
- LLB, Law, The University of Central Lancashire (UK)
- PhD, Christian Ethics, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
My experience includes serving as an attorney in the UK, having been appointed as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 1999. I specialized in corporate and property law, and became a partner in a commercial law practice, before assuming the role of Lecturer of Business Law at Lancashire Law School. After moving to the US to complete additional graduate studies, I served in a variety of leadership and pastoral roles in churches in Dallas, Chicago, and Asheville. Thereafter, I acted as an independent legal consultant to non-profit organizations, before returning to full time academic teaching in 2017.
- 2011 – L. Chafer Award for Christian Character, Scholarship and Spiritual Leadership, Dallas Theological Seminary
- 2011 – J. Ellwood Evans Award for Outstanding Work in Leadership and Pastoral Ministry, Dallas Theological Seminary
- 2010 – Chuck Swindoll Teaching and Expository Preaching Award, Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1999 – Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize for Best Final Year Law Student, Lancashire Law School
I will gladly involve you in my circle that includes:
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Society for Christian Ethics
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Dallas Theological Seminary
Originally from Manchester, England, I qualified as an attorney, and settled in for what my wife (Fiona) and I thought was going to be a long career in corporate law. We never would have imaged that our family would end up selling everything we have, waving goodbye to family and friends, and moving more than 4,000 miles across the world to the United States. It was the biggest step of faith we could ever have imagined, but God was (and is still) faithful in every step. It has been interesting to see new opportunities open up along the way. Never be afraid of God making mid-course corrections in your journey. He has taken me from the courtroom to the classroom; from the pulpit to professor. Yet whatever the career opportunity, the common themes have consistently included communication, teaching, entrepreneurial skills, as well as leadership. These days I might be educated, but I’m still learning all the time, and I’m pleased to be a part of what God’s doing in the College of Business and Entrepreneurship at North Greenville University.
In my spare time I enjoy travelling and exploring with my wife Fiona, our Son Nathan, and our daughter Olivia. My favorite place to be is on the beach, although Disneyworld is a close second. I am also an ardent Dallas Cowboys and NASCAR fan.
Explore more resources related to this field of study: