John W. Williford, Jr., PhDAssistant Professor, Communication
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Write my answer on a billboard; make it large and clear and easy to understand; so others can read it at a glance and rush to tell others.” Habakkuk 2:2 This was God's command to the Prophet Habakkuk.
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in the following:
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Communication Strategy
- Organizational Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Persuasion Argumentation
- Communication Theory
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Oral Communication
- BA, Communication, University of Georgia
- MDiv, Communication Concentration, Southwestern Seminary
- PhD, Communication Studies, Regent University
My experience includes:
- Twenty years of Instruction at North Greenville University. Received 15 Year Distinguished Service Award in 2020.
- Public Relations booths at conventions across the Eastern Half of the America.
- Former News Editor for former President of the Georgia Press Association.
- P. R. and Media representative for inter-denominational Christian Group, Upstate Alive, from 1995 – 2015.
- President, Christian Communication Services, 1992 – Current
- Former Free Lance Writer for S.C. Baptist Convention
- Media Chairman for Greenville County Promise Keepers “Best Selling Christian Authors” Conference
- P. R. Committee member, Wedgewood Baptist Church, Fort Worth Texas
“Ethereal Cowboy Way: An Ethnographic Study of Cowboy Churches Today” was the title of my Dissertation, which was approved at Regent University and published in 2011.
- Winner, YMCA’s Georgia Christian Speakers Tournament
- Winner, American Legions Oratorical Contest for 9th Congressional District
God’s grace and guidance led me into communication in high school. Through His grace, it seems like every communication project I became part of worked out well. While at Southwestern Seminary, I took a course in Christian PR that accentuated the verse Habakkuk 2:2, which prophesizes the urgent need for the Christian community to communicate at maximum efficiency, in addition to supporting the Bride of Christ.
The 21st Century provides history’s greatest opportunities for the Christian community to focus more on using new communication resources to reach people for the Lord.