Jieun Lee, PhDAssistant Professor of Mathematics
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Mathematics and Introductory Statistics.
- B.S. Mathematical Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S. Mathematics, University of Connecticut
- Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Connecticut
My experience includes serving as Graduate Teaching Assistant (Fall 2014 – Spring 2020) in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut.
Y.Choi and J.Lee. “Existence of standing pulse solutions to a skew-gradient system,” Submitted (manuscript available at https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.13544).
- 2020 – AMS Travel Grant, Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM), American Mathematical Society
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, The Graduate School, University of Connecticut
- 2015-2019 – Provost Letters of Excellence in Teaching, Office of the Provost, University of Connecticut
As a Christian mathematician, I have been looking for a place where I can teach mathematics and share my faith in God. I thank God for His calling to North Greenville University.
Favorite Course to Teach:
Calculus III, Differential Equations, and Probability & Statistics