Jason Ross, EdDDirector, Corporate Development
Unit: Advancement and University Engagement
Location: Tigerville, SC
"The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you."
Teaching & Education
- EdD, Higher Educational Leadership, North Greenville University, 2020
- MBA, Emphasis in Finance, North Greenville University, 2008
- BA, Business Administration, North Greenville University, 1998
- AS, North Greenville University, 1996
- Leadership Greer Class 39
- Officer Candidate School 2010
- Captains Career Course 2014
- Command and General Staff College 2020
- Vice President, Carolina First Bank, 2005–2007
- Assistant Branch Manager, BB&T, 2003–2005
- Property Manager, The Beach Company, 2001–2003
- Admissions and Financial Aid, Charleston Southern University, 1999–2000
As Director for Corporate Development, I am responsible for increasing the visibility of the University in the area. It is important to identify, cultivate, and solicit stewarding corporations, corporate foundations, and private foundations. I am actively engaged in working to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sector and other key communities that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the University.
I am also an adjunct professor in the College of Business and Entrepreneurship, where I have taught for over ten years in business administration, management, finance, and sport management. I enjoy teaching our next generation how to integrate faith in the workplace and helping them understand how we are all called by God to share the Good News no matter what profession one is in.
I have served in the SC Military Department for over 13 years and I currently hold the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and serve as the battalion commander for the 2nd Battalion/1st Civil Support Brigade. I’ve been married to my wife Shelley for 22 years, and we have a 16-year-old son named Kaiden, who runs cross country.