Frankie J. Melton, Jr., PhDAssistant Professor of Christian Studies
Unit: Christian Studies
Location: Tigerville, SC
“Piety does not exclude industry.” --Thomas Watson
Teaching & Education
You will learn with me when taking courses in Expository Preaching, Christian Ministry, Christian Leadership, and New Testament.
- B.A., Charleston Southern University
- M.Div., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Certificate in the Leadership of Human Flourishing, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Certificate in Leadership, Cornell University.
My experience includes serving as a senior pastor for 27 years and almost 10 years as an adjunct professor and assistant professor of Christian Studies.
- “‘Refreshings in My Soul’: George Whitefield and Preaching in the Power of the Spirit,” The Churchmen (2019)
- “A Theology of Preaching: George Whitefield’s Call to Preach and the Eternal Consequences of Hearing Sermons,” The Churchmen (2019)
- “Innovative Preacher: George Whitefield’s Preaching Style,” Credo Magazine (Vol. 2, Issue 1, March 2016)
- “The Effect of Fear Appeals on George Whitefield’s Auditors,” Puritan Reformed Journal (Winter 2013)
- “George Whitefield: Pulpit Innovator,” The Churchmen ( 2012)
- “Preaching and Melito’s Use of Greco-Roman Rhetoric,” Bibliotheca Sacra (Jan-Feb 2011)
- 2020 – Certificate of Scholarship, North Greenville University
- 2018 – Certificate of Scholarship, North Greenville University
- 2018 – Annual Faculty Lecture Award, North Greenville University
- My Network
My delight is to proclaim the Word of God to people. I love the study and explanation of Scripture applied to the ordinary lives of real people. The opportunity to shape the lives of young people who will serve the church and lead in their families and communities is a tremendous joy. I want to communicate passion in serving the great King to those who are preparing to serve Him.
Favorite Course to Teach:
Expository Preaching and Teaching is my favorite course because I get to demonstrate for students how to move from the text of Scripture to a contemporary sermon that will impact the lives of people with truth, clarity, and passion.