- The student must be enrolled full-time at NGU majoring in Christian Studies, Youth Ministry, or Cross Cultural Missions.
- The student must maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- The student must provide a three-page, typed explanation of Call to Ministry and a rationale for the intended area of service in ministry.
- A letter of confirmation of the Call to Ministry from the pastor of the student’s home church. The letter should affirm the belief that the student is called and describe why.
- The student must be faithful and active in a local church and must provide a letter of recommendation detailing his/her faithfulness and involvement in the local church from the pastor of the church the student is serving in during college. (For incoming freshmen, this letter can come from a Sunday School Teacher or Deacon in your home church).
- The student will provide a letter of recommendation from a Professor of Christian Studies at NGU. (Incoming freshmen may provide a letter from a high school teacher. Homeschooled students may provide a letter from an instructor from a homeschooling coop, a music teacher, or coach.)
- The student will submit to an interview with the scholarship committee.
- The student will agree verbally that as soon as feasibly possible after completing his/her education that he/she will make a financial contribution to The Bryant and Roseanne Fersner Ministry Scholarship for the benefit of other ministry students.
If you have questions regarding this scholarship, please contact Dr. Frankie Melton.